Some 60 participants (36 in person and 23 on-line) joined on 12th and 13th October 2022 the workshop on “Project preparation process with reference to EU and Western Balkans Investment Framework (WBIF) requirements and Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in the transport sector”.
The main target audience was composed of key stakeholders involved in transport project preparation and implementation from the Regional Partners’ administrations. In addition, the workshop was also attended by European Commission Delegations and European Commission Consultants (IFICO) supporting the Western Balkans Investment Framework.
The main objective of the workshop was to transfer “know-how” and JASPERS’ experience regarding the project preparation process to the participating audience. Well planned and executed infrastructure project selection and preparation is essential for their successful implementation, reducing the risk of delays and cost overruns.
A proactive and well managed approach to project preparation also facilitates easier project implementation, and ensures, by applying the principles to each phase of the project cycle management, achievement of wider socio-economic policy objectives. Similarly, a structured approach to project selection and preparation is essential for identifying and ensuring project financing in timely manner, especially in the case of delivery through PPPs.
During the workshop, JASPERS and EIB experts shared their experience and knowledge regarding the following topics:
- Overview of the project cycle, focusing on how to better manage the process to avoid delays and achieve objectives.
- Approach to the pre-feasibility and feasibility studies.
- Qualitative risk analysis.
- Climate change vulnerability and risk assessment.
- Options analysis.
- Demand modelling.
- Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) fundamentals and lifecycle.
- PPP and public debt.
- PPP in the Western Balkans.
- Review of the PPP project phases and key issues to consider in transport sector projects.
For any further enquiry on this webinar and in general on the activities of the JASPERS Knowledge Platform please write an email to email@example.com